Home About Me Recipe Box Arts & Crafts The Library Photos

Happy Anniversary and More.......

As usual, I feel like a slacker blogger, but things have been very busy around here. Mostly my own doing and partly just getting back into the old routine of school and classes. I am going to bullet point this so the random events that made up my week are not so crazy to anyone trying to make sense of this week.
  • Because the New Year means resolutions, I had two big ones: clean out our closets and clean out our junk room. The closet looks fabulous and is complete with little shoe boxes, wooden hangers for pants, and appropriate hangers for shirts. Now I have gone overboard and want to paint my shelves, get a rug, and hang a pretty little (cheap) chandelier in there. To be continued on that project but it is clean! The junk room....well, my Mother-In-Law and her sister had to come and help with the project. The room basically could be an episode for that hoarders show. I do not hoard. How could this room become some chaotic and messy? I do not even keep anything. I toss. I give away. I donate to goodwill. I force on friends, and I have garage sales. I called in the big dogs, Paula and Patty, to sort, toss, clean, and price every item for the Garbage Sale of 2011. I am not sure the room looks any better right now but soon...very, very soon it will be cleared and made a playroom for the three munchkins who have taken over my house with toys.
  • School, Music Class, Gymboree, Gymnastics, and post-holiday life has also resumed. I did not realize how calm life seemed without all the extra-circulars for a couple of weeks. The children are thrilled to be back in their activities but momma is tired, wiped out, and barely recovering from the holidays.  I am trying  to get back in the swing of things after my whirlwind cleaning and decluttering and post-holiday stress, but it is hard to get back into the groove. Is bad to already be looking forward to Spring Break?
  • Happy Anniversary, Joe! 6 years have flown by already. I am sorry I am not doing an entire post on this but maybe in a few days I can hit some highlights of the big day and fun memories. I feel like the blog has been slightly neglected so I am trying to do a whirlwind wrap up of the past week. Joe and I snuck out for the night and stayed at a hotel down the road. Yes, that is how tired we are. Papa Joe and Honey babysat after the three babies were bathed and fed, then off we crept to get some much needed sleep. We had a couple laughs and cocktails at the bar and realized "Could it be 9:25 pm already?!" We have to go to bed. We had a wonderful time just enjoying a tiny, tiny break and appreciate the grandparents willing to let us off duty to get away. The next night was our actual anniversary and we had a quick bite to eat out  for my favorite meal and then determined to get to bed even earlier. 8:30 p.m. No, we are not the most boring people on Earth but we could be the most tired people roaming around it. We had a wonderful time celebrating our milestone and anniversary.  We are lucky to have each other because others might find this kind of lame but it was perfect for me. A favorite hotel and a favorite meal....and sleep! True to form, I did get sick the next day. The only other time I have gotten a break from the kiddies, Joe took me to my favorite place, Grand Cayman, and I got terribly, terribly ill with a horrible tonsillitis infection. Which has led to 1/2 a year of battling it out with the tonsils. When I get really run down, it pops up again and again. Bam! Sunday....barely able to get out of bed. Arg!! Joe says we are never going to a hotel again because I don't get bed bugs but I get deathly ill when I return. Haha, Joe. I still cannot believe we have been married so long and thank you for putting up with me. I love you! Happy Anniversary! Thank you for understanding me and making it perfect.
That is all for now. I am off to bed. Nighty Night. Or really off to double check to see if the twins are asleep. They have escaped from their cribs and have been creating mischief tonight. We checked on them not too long ago and they had switched cribs in the dark. I do not know who comes up with these harebrained schemes but we also found Mary Ellie hiding in her closet (and stuck) one of the times we checked in on them. Crazy, crazy children.

Oh wait, I almost forgot to mention: Miss Reese Avery arrived in the world to the proud parents, Kate and Christian. She is adorable!! I wanted to take her home but her mom quoted Fenley and said "No way!". Welcome Reese! We are looking forward to watching you grow and play with Mary Ellie, Fenley, and Bear.

Several trips to the Container Store later....the closet is organized. Hooray!

Found these awesome eco-friendly substitutes for all the plastic bags I waste for school: Lunchskins

Paula and Patty watching Mickey Mouse with the twins after a long day of sorting our junk

It's coming!! The Garage Sale is coming and all of this will be GONE!

Doting new parents with Reese

Old chums welcome a new baby in the world

Samantha and Blake Sophia sent us the funniest and most random video in the mail the other day: retro awesome kid videos that Sam downloaded for my children. It was perfect for the rainstorm and stuck-inside-all-day weather on Sunday. Thank you so very much!!

Fenley and Bear dancing to the video

Mesmerized by the 80's fashion

We busted out crayons and pretty much anything to keep these children entertained in the house all day. This is taxing under good circumstances but when you are sick...a whole new ball game! Look at those budding little Picassos!

Bear really enjoyed sampling the crayons to make sure they were made with the finest wax

Busted. Why would my children use the butcher block paper when they could use the ENTIRE train and crafts table as a canvas? Poor Joe spent forever trying different cleaning products trying to remove this very fine wax off the brand new table.

Bear and Fenley at music class.

Mary Ellie enjoys the new ball song in music class

Happy Anniversary

Yummy. I still wish I had some of that cake in the freezer!

To think there was a time pre-lambs and bear!? What a beautiful day. Thank you for the memories, Joe! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment